Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rain!




It's been raining all week.
"Pip" declared she hated rain.


Hate rain?
This is the Northwest!
We're supposed to get rain - great drenchings of it.
That's why I live here. That's why it's green here.
Rain is practically my secret superhero power.
I think I was born under a storm cloud. I glow when it's gloomy out.

Being fully convinced that it's never too early to brainwash, I ordered everyone into boots and slickers, called for umbrellas, and marched the gang outside.




Nothing like a good splashy rain party
topped off by hot baths and cocoa
to foster a love for all things wet and soppy.




"Any child loves rain if it's allowed to go out and paddle about in it."
- C.S. Lewis, That Hideous Strength




8 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

it's raining here and I agree fully! People complain to me about the rain and I say - 'if you'd lived on the west coast of Vancouver Island like I have you wouldn't call this rain!' And it isn't to me. It rained 366 days a year there. Yes, it did. The slugs were as big as small dogs. If you stood still for too long moss grew up your north side. There was a fella by the name of Noah - said he wouldn't stay even for a week.True dat!

Natasha said...

What a wonderful post. So many people hate it when it rains- not me. I really enjoy splashing through puddles. I guess it is all a state of the mind. My kids love the rains too.

And I loved the quote right at the end.

brian said...

Hello Paith Fray,
Nice trigger finger on that top photo of K, that one says it all!

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I love this post! Yay, rain!

Ruthie Redden said...

Yay, this is great, nothing more fun than ploshing in rain. why sit it out - its only wet after all lol x

Molly/Cece said...

Love the post. Moms are so tricky. I must admit sloshing round in 40 to 50 degrees F rain is not my favorite thing. I like Texas DELUGE. We've been getting rain about every third day since I've been here. It's loud and it makes umbrellas and rain boots silly. The wind turns your umbrella inside out and the water falls so fast it fills up those boots. It's also way too hot for a raincoat. It's as warm as toast. :)Now I want to write a book about rain.

Faith Pray said...

Jan, thanks for the tip! I'm packing the family up to move as we speak.

Rayna, now I am betting that your rainstorms are a little more powerful over there?

Brian, thanks! You've got a great trigger finger yourself!

Faith Pray said...

Martha, I'd love to have you and your kiddos come squelch around with us!

Agreed, Ruthie!

Molly, deluge-quality sounds a little complicated. I want to hear more!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...