Thursday, April 14, 2016

Pirates in the Library


It's National Library Week.

How glad I am for libraries this week and always.

How rich it is to have a place to borrow books,
 to load up on research, art, music, words, and stories!

How glad I am for the staff at my library, 
gracious souls who do not even sniff
when the wildebeests and I emerge
with a mountain of books to take home. 

How patient they are with the noise and flamboyance 
of kid-ruckus and story hour, 
even when small bears and dragons and pirates
weave and wail beyond their story circles.

How perfectly like a matchmaker 
is our children's librarian, 
always hunting down treasure 
to help her patrons fall in love with reading.
Happy Library Week! 

Our latest librarian-found treasures: 

When Mischief Came To Town by Katrina Nannestad
Hector and Hummingbird by Nicholas John Frith
Tea Party In the Woods by Akiko Miyakoshi
Detective Gordon: the First Case by Ulf Nilsson
Love that Dog by Sharon Creech



3 comments:

Dawn Simon said...

You are so fun! I love it!

m. bloom said...

Tea Party in the Woods is one of my favorite books ever!!
xo

Jan Morrison said...

I too love libraries - from the volunteer one that operates in our small town, which still manages to have lots for me to read (and a program for children I used to volunteer with until I got a 'real' job) to the most fabulous new library in my home city of Halifax. It is so stunning and completely kid and adult friendly. Yay for libraries. They are the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...