Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Busy Bees and Happy Clams




When I'm full sail into revisions, I want my wildebeests happy!
Especially the one who just had her tonsils out. 
So I made "Busy Bags." 


"Ready for A Good Yarn" Busy Bag:

What's easier than a skein of yarn, a pair of scissors 
and "looms" made out of cereal boxes? 

It's paired with the clever book
Extra Yarn  - by Mac Barnett, 
illustrated by Jon Klassen
(I am especially enamored of this book!
Must blog more about it later!) 

And weaving was a *hit*!


"Artists Can Have Fun, Too" Busy Bag:
Complete with sketch pads, 
new art supplies and some luscious library finds!
I loved these books so much I have to do 
a separate post about them later. 

Art & Max - by David Weisner
The Fantastic Drawings of Danielle - by Barbara McClintock
Charlotte in Giverny -Joan MacPhail Knight, ill by Melissa Sweet
Charlotte in Paris -Joan MacPhail Knight, Melissa Sweet


"I'm Game if You Are" Busy Bag:
Stuffed full of card games, homemade goo-in-a-bag,
flash cards, dry-erase board, kid magazines
and these books:
Mini Racer - Kristy Dempsey,
illustrated by Bridget Strevens-Marzo
My Many Colored Days - by Dr. Seuss,
illustrated by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher

See that goo? 
Who knew a little hair gel and food coloring 
would make for hours of fun?

The kids are busy as bees and happy as clams.
And now - full steam ahead to those novel rewrites!

Our Busy Bag books:

2 comments:

Ruthie Redden said...

Love the ideas of those bags!! and the yummy books, even though mine are all grown im still a sucker for childrens stories ~ the more pictures the better x

Faith Pray said...

Thank you, Ruthie! I think I could feast on kids' books every day - into my old age and wrinkles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...