Friday, April 17, 2015

Art and Starlings

I'm bubbling about the SCBWI conference today.
This is the weekend children's book illustrators and writers in my region gather like starlings.
I go for the coffee and the courage. 
For inspiration and advice.
A break!
 
To find out about thrilling new books. 
To hug and high-five friends and peers.
To gain wisdom about crafting words and art.
My heart flies high. 

I'm bringing new art. More here. 

Art grown out of Joy Chu's UCSD Thinking in Pictures class. 
What a class!
Here's a peek at one of my projects:

Adventure awaits!
If you are one of my writer or artist buddies, I hope to see you there! 




6 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

How I'd like to be there! Mainly to meet you in your person (feel I've met your mind and heart!) I have an idea for a children's book - will be working on it in the next little while. It is a true story of a woman in Sheshatshiu , the First Nations reserve where I work and I want to write it in three versions - picture book, chapter book and graphic novel. Ambitious much!
Any whoozie - have a total ball and get all fired up like I know you will...

Amy-Baskin.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful vibrant line and color, Faith! So alive! Hope you had a great time at the conference. Sorry to have missed it-and you-this year.

Barbara Davis-Pyles said...

Oh, Faith, I love all of your new projects! I can feel the adventure in each and every splash of color! Have a wonderful time at the conference. So sorry that I'm not there this year.

Dawn Simon said...

Your work is amazing--so alive and full of feeling!

I love that we're on this journey together. What an inspiring weekend!

Julia Kelly said...

Such expressive work! Have a great time!

mommamoocow said...

It was great seeing you at the conference again. I love seeing your artwork and reading your words. I'm the homeschooling mom with 5 kids, if that helps you remember me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...