Thursday, May 6, 2010

Art is Felt







Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen" 
                                                                                                                - Leonardo da Vinci  

 How I get in touch with my feltings:

The twins relish their individualism,
so I customized their matching coats with felt and buttons.

The flowers are easy: cut a flower shape out of felt,
then cut a slit in the center.
Slip it over the button, and voila! 
Instant fancy embellishment!

They work as flower rings, too.

Costume Party
For crowns, I cut a flower shape on a big piece of felt,
then cut an opening in the middle.

  I tied on fluffy tulle with ribbon to make flower fairy costumes.




Leaf boy's costume is green felt cut into a leaf shape, with a slit through the middle.
We like low-key costumes around here.


Baby flower fairy. Flower crowns double as baby petal skirts.

Gingerbread family.
I cut felt into bow-ties and circle buttons.
I scrounged through my sparse makeup stash for lipstick to make round, red cheeks.

I have a hungry muse.
I get a full, happy-cat feeling when I get to create, whether in word, paint or craft.

Have you ever noticed that the muse sometimes finds you when you're playing?


How do you feed your muse?

My muse-feeding picture book pick:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...